How to attract visitors to your website and grow your business
How to attract visitors to your website and grow your business
VGlobalTech.com is a team of experienced web design professionals and business leaders that have implemented these and other techniques to:
- Improve your online presence
- Provide professional look and credibility to your business
- Increase visitors to your website
- Convert visitors to actual customers
- Retain existing customers and built a solid customer relationship
- Help people find you and contact your business easily (VGlobalTech 2 click contact)
- Market your business to the proper audience
- Research industry and market to find and analyze trends that help grow your business
- Online Reputation Management
Here are ways we can help you get new customers to your website, using inexpensive techniques and resources available on the Internet. There are many Internet sites where you can appeal and attract potential customers, if you reach out to them. You’ll be surprised how effective these techniques are. The only necessity is persistent effort, good technical knowledge and quality presentation.
VGlobalTech team is here to help 24×7. Visit us and find out more at: www.VGlobalTech.com
Make your website content rich
- The golden rule is people will find you if you provide them with what they need. Come on now isn’t that just stating the obvious, well you will be surprised how little attention website builders and many desperate wannabe entrepreneurs pay to this single most important point.
- We have all seen websites that tout on their home page and the moment you click on a different menu link, assuming there is more than one menu item on that website, the pages are devoid of any good information
- The concept is simple – If I am visiting say a Asthma doctors website I need to be able to find some information on how to control severe Asthma stokes or say get a daily pollen count or at least a link that points me to a website that gives me that information.
- Content encourages your visitors stay a little longer on your website and increases the probability of the visitor turning into a customer.
- Quality content is hard to write and thus so rare! Ask your web design company to develop rich content for your website.
Use Free Social Media to Get Customers
- Use the online social media sites to introduce yourself, your business and your products. Over time you will build brand awareness among people there. Set up your MySpace page, your Twitter account, your LinkedIn, Facebook, Friendster and Hi5 profiles, and link each of them to your website. Facebook offers business pages, too.
- Post pictures of your products at Flickr.com and Photobucket.com, together with your profile, description and a link to the website. When you choose your screen name for these online accounts, you might want to use the domain name of your business site, like JoesHVACDotCom.
- A number of online bookmarking sites offer you an online community of people, such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Ask, Google Bookmarks, Reddit, Blogmarks, Simpy, Delicious, Kaboodle, Blinklist, Live, Slashdot, Magnolia, Spurl, Technorati, myAol, Yahoo Bookmarks, Furl or Newsvine. When you post an article of interest to customers on your website, bookmark the article at some of these sites.
Try Free Guerilla Techniques to Get Customers
Explore guerrilla marketing techniques that require only time, energy and imagination. Choose a new promotion, and spread the word about it on your social media sites. Depending on your business, you can offer online seminars, free samples, free consultations, and product video demonstrations. Perhaps it makes sense to give away a free toolbar, screensaver, game or utility, all of which can be branded for your business. Many websites get new customers when they give away free coupons. You can promote the coupons on Twitter and on other social media. Give your customers more service than they expect. If your employees have idle time, offer the customer free product assembly. Use your website to introduce yourself to the customers and share your product expertise with them.
Visit Online Groups to Get Customers
Visit the online groups for more free opportunities to introduce yourself. See if Google Groups or Yahoo Groups has a topic that fits your area of interest. Group members will appreciate your help and advice. Build your reputation as an expert in the field, and group members will turn to you when they are ready to buy. Also, participate in related online forums where your expertise will be useful to customers.
Write Online Articles to Market Yourself
- Write an article about your field of expertise. It could be a helpful “how-to” article about using your product, or an explanation of the benefits of your product. Then submit your article tor one of the many online sites, like ezine.com, that accept free articles. You’ll automatically get a link back to your business website along with free publicity.
- Write a press release and post it online. The topic could be your website expansion, your new product line, a new employee, or a charitable project. Include links to your online website and submit it to the free press release sites online. Check out sites like 24-7PressRelease.com, PRLog.org and 1888PressRelease.com. Email your press release to your local newspapers, too.
- Find your business niche on Wikipedia, WikiTravel, and other wiki sites, and become a contributor. You might be able to link to your business site as a reference. It’s one more way to keep your name in front of the online public.
Optimize Your Website to Get Customers
Use the help of search engines to get more customers to your website. Make your website friendly for search engines. The technique is called search engine optimization. Just by changing the title of your page, its description, or your introductory remarks, you can double the traffic to your site. The traffic sent by search engines is called organic traffic, and it’s free. More traffic gets more new customers to your website.
Take Advantage of Free Business Listings
- Use the Google Local Business Center to create your free listing. When potential customers search Google Maps for local information, they’ll find your business: your address, hours of operation, even photos of your storefront or products. It’s easy, it’s free, and you don’t need a website of your own.
- Proofread your business listing in yellowpages.com.
- Check the local online telephone listing for your business, and correct it if necessary.
- Make sure your Yahoo city listing is up to date.
- Submit your website to The Open Directory Project, dmoz.org. This directory is maintained by humans, and getting in is difficult, but the search engines rank your site higher if dmoz.org lists it.
Use Free Online Blogging to Get Customers to Your Website
- Locate Internet blogs that cover topics related to your business. Leave comments on the blogs, and use your business domain name as your screen name; for example, AngiesCookiesDotCom. Your blog comments provide an additional link to your website. You can pick up free traffic from these links, too.
- Read more blogs. Set up your feed reader with the names of good blogs. A feed reader saves time by letting you skim the headlines of new articles. Whenever you have a spare moment, read something in your field. New ideas are always hatching online.
- If you enjoy writing, set up a blog for yourself. It can be a part of your business website, a page where you write informally about related activities and allow your personality to shine. A business blog is a great tool to build traffic and get customers to your website.
Use Free Internet Tools to Get Customers to Your Website
- Set up and verify a Webmaster Central Account at Google.
- Submit a product to Google Base. Google Base lets you submit pictures and describe your items with detailed information called attributes, which will help customers find your content more easily. You don’t even need a website to take advantage of Google Base.
- Install Google Analytics on your site, if you don’t already have it. Google Analytics is helpful and free. You’ll learn more about customer behavior when they get to your website.
- Set up a CrazyEgg heat mapping test for your most important pages, to analyze what part of the page a customer looks at and clicks on. The results will help you rearrange items on your pages to maximize visibility.
- Show your customers how to find your physical store by adding a link to Google Maps on your website.
- Set up a MyBlogLog account for your blog or your website. When you put the MyBlogLog widget on your website, your customers can see avatars (small photos) of each other. The use of avatars helps build a sense of community among your customers. There are many such widgets available free online.
Create a Video to Get Customers
Convert a slideshow of your products into a video and upload it to Youtube or MetaCafe. Be sure to optimize your title and descriptions to get the most traffic from search engines. Set up your own channel on Youtube. With YouTube hosting your video and supplying the bandwidth, embed the video into your website. The link from YouTube will get more customers to your website.
Try Pay per Click Advertising to Get Customers to Your Website
No, Pay Per Click advertising is not free, but it can be very inexpensive. Signup is free. When people search for the products you sell, your PPC business ad will appear on the search engine report. With PPC, you only pay when a customer clicks on your ad and comes to your website. Each customer who comes to your website costs you only a few pennies. You can set your advertising budget as low as $1 per day, and turn your ad campaign off and on whenever you wish. You can easily track your Pay Per Click customers to see if PPC brings you more sales. The largest PPC advertising networks are those with the most popular search engines: Microsoft Ad Center, Yahoo Search Marketing, and Google Adwords.
Most search engines will find your website eventually. However, it doesn’t harm to give it them a little helping hand. To let a search engine like Google know that your site exists you need to tell it the URL so that it can find you and visit the pages on your site to discover new and updated pages.
The best way to help Google, Bing and Yahoo find your site is to submit a sitemap.
Building a sitemap
Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. In its simplest form, a Sitemap is a file that lists URLs for a site along with additional metadata about each URL (eg when it was last updated, how often it usually changes, and how important it is, relative to other URLs in the site) so that search engines can more intelligently crawl the site.
Web crawlers usually discover pages from links within the site and from other sites. Sitemaps supplement this data to allow crawlers that support Sitemaps to pick up all URLs in the Sitemap and learn about those URLs using the associated metadata.
Using the Sitemap protocol does not guarantee that web pages are included in search engines, but provides hints for web crawlers to do a better job of crawling your site.
You can create a sitemap by hand, or you can create one using one of the many free services available such as Sitemaps.org, or Google’s Sitemap Generator, or the XML Sitemap Generator (Google maintains a list of web sitemap generators https://code.google.com/p/sitemap-generators/wiki/SitemapGenerators).
To submit your sitemap to Google:
- 1. Upload your Sitemap to your site.
- 2. On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
- 3. Under Site configuration, click Sitemaps.
- 4. Click the Add/Test Sitemap button.
- 5. In the text box, complete the path to your Sitemap (for example, if your Sitemap is at https://www.example.com/sitemap.xml, type sitemap.xml).
- 6. Click Submit Sitemap.
To submit your site to Bing and Yahoo:
The best way to ensure your website is included in Bing and Yahoo’s index is to sign up for a Bing Webmaster Tools account (https://ssl.bing.com/webmaster/WebmasterManageSitesPage.aspx) and you will need WindowsLiveID to do this. Once you have signed up you should then be able to access the Webmaster Tools “Submit URL” feature. If you don’t want to sign up you can just submit the pages using the anonymous tool, on the same page, however by using this you won’t get any of the Bing analytics.
Pay-per-click advertising with Google AdWords
Pay-per-click advertising like Google’s AdWords, gives you instant exposure to a wide audience and is extremely effective. Some businesses say it’s almost like a turning on a tap of customer: set up your AdWords and your audience starts to arrive.
The cost is from a few pence to a few pounds per visitor to your site, depending on the search phrase. Prices are determined by auction – the more you pay, the more likely it is they’re ineffective. Instead, choose specific phrases e.g. ‘Build your own home conveyance kit’ and ‘Guide to designing your own home’. These cost less, and are more likely to produce a click.
If you have something interesting to say about your business and its products and services then why not write a press release about it? There are many services that will take your release and publicise it to the news and media. Sites such as OpenPR (https://www.openpr.com/news/submit.html), ClickPress(https://www.clickpress.com), and PR.com (https://www.pr.com/promote-your-business) all accept free submissions.
Be aware many websites will charge to upload a press release and make huge claims on how effective they are, and while some are effective most aren’t.
Many sites advertise changes to their site through RSS feeds, which are subscribed to by using an RSS reader like Google Reader (https://www.google.com/reader) and any changes to the site are brought to the reader rather than them having to visit all of the sites they’re interested in individually.
Most ecommerce packages and blogging packages have the facility to produce an RSS feed as an option. If the facility is there, then you should make it available.
Twitter Facebook and social networking
Social networking is a good, effective way of creating a buzz around your business. However, just creating a Twitter address and a fan page on Facebook won’t automatically mean hundreds of thousands of people will come to your site. You need to work at both and it can almost be a full-time job.
Using YouTube and Vimeo
If you have video content then you should create a YouTube channel. It’s quick and it gives you access to the hundreds of millions of users who access YouTube’s videos every day. If you have products, then take a video of them. If there’s a special feature of your service, or there’s a part of your website that you think is interesting then film that and post it on YouTube. It all helps to get your brand name known.
If you don’t have video then there’s no reason why you can’t create a video of a PowerPoint presentation and upload that. Additionally by using YouTube to store your videos, other people can then use and embed your videos and you don’t have to pay for the bandwidth that they consume, which could – if the video goes viral – be expensive.
YouTube’s Creators’ Corner (https://www.youtube.com/t/creators_corner) has plenty of advice on creating and uploading your videos – Additionally you could also use Vimeo, which has free and paid options and its Vimeo Video School (https://vimeo.com/videoschool) has plenty of hints and tips on creating viral and watchable videos for your business.
VGlobalTech team is here to help 24×7.
Visit us and find out more at: www.VGlobalTech.com
VGlobalTech provides the following services:
- Complete Website Design (Business, Professional, Personal, Wedding, Events, Organizational Website Design and Development)
- Enterprise Web Packages
- Software Consultancy Services
- Modules and content enhancement packages
- Online Business Solutions
- Online Marketing (Email Marketing, Constant-Contact, Customer Base development)
- Graphics Design (Brochures Design, Pamphlets and Newsletters Design and Online distribution)
- Media Development (Picture, Video and Animation design and development)
Want to learn more and take your business to the next level? Contact our awesome team today, we love to help small businesses like yours!