VGlobalTech + LightHouse – A Partnership for a Social Cause
Partnership to Provide an ADA Compliance Solution that Works!
ADA and WCAG Compliance are complex topics. VGlobalTech is a technical powerhouse based in Orlando, Florida and has taken the time to understand the accessibility laws, acts & guidelines. VGlobalTech thus provides a technology solution that works to make websites and software fully accessible. LightHouse, Central Florida, has created a unique program for digital accessibility that is run by visually impaired personnel, highly skilled in human auditing of websites and software as per the section 508 requirements. View Press Release here.
What is ADA?
In 2008, the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) was signed into law and became effective on January 1, 2009. The ADAAA made a number of significant changes to the definition of “disability.” The changes in the definition of disability in the ADAAA apply to all titles of the ADA, including Title I (employment practices of private employers with 15 or more employees, state and local governments, employment agencies, labor unions, agents of the employer and joint management labor committees); Title II (programs and activities of state and local government entities); and Title III (private entities that are considered places of public accommodation).
Key Points to consider for ADA Compliance:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires certain businesses to make accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Web content should be accessible to the blind, deaf, and those who must navigate by voice, screen readers or other assistive technologies.
- Businesses that fall under Title I, those that operate 20 or more weeks per year with at least 15 full-time employees, or Title III, those that fall under the category of “public accommodation,” are covered by the ADA.
- There are no clear regulations defining website accessibility. However there is a wealth of material available online.
- Working with a professional webdesign company that has expertise in this area the the best way to ensure true compliance.
- Failure to create an ADA-compliant website could open a business to lawsuits, financial liabilities and damage to your brand reputation.
- Understand the social value of making your digital assets accessible.
- Last, but not the least, please be aware of compliance scammers out there. A lot of fraudulent companies engage in scare-tactics threatening businesses of lawsuits – Make sure the service provider does not engage in those tactics and just places the facts on the table.
Together Our Goal is: Create Functional, Professional, Innovative Designs that Work for everyone, everywhere, every time!